Tuesday, November 22, 2005

CalendarHub launches




CalendarHub went from invitation-only beta into public beta today. In my opinion, which admittedly is biased because I’m an angel investor at the company, CalendarHub is the best Ajax calendar on the Web. Let me give you a quick elevator pitch.

CalendarHub allows you to create a calendar that you can access from any PC with an Internet connection. If you like, you can share your calendar with others, or publish it on the Web. The site has a sleek Ajax-powered user interface which I’m sure you’ll like.

You can use CalendarHub in a number of ways:

As an individual
Build a calendar for your own private use. Create reminders for birthdays, bills, leisure activities....anything you want. If you like, get reminders by email or SMS. You can also search published calendars for events and add them to your own calendar. Creating a shared calendar for your family is a snap as well.

As a business
Create a team calendar which every team member can access. In addition, everyone from the team can have his or her personal calendar, of course. The cool thing is that you can subscribe to other calendars. So if an employee subscribes to the team calendar, all events from the team calendar are fed into his personal calendar.

As a group/organization
Create a calendar for your football team, your school grade, your community organization...whatever social activities you’re involved in. Everyone from the group can subscribe to an RSS feed of the group calendar, so they’re automatically notified of new events or changes.

As a theater, cinema, club
Publish a calendar on the Web to announce events. Build a subscriber base of clients who subscribe to the RSS feed and easily notify them of last-minute ticket opportunities simply by adding the respective event to your calendar.

This an incomplete listing of CalendarHub’s features (and much, much more is in the making). But I promised an elevator pitch and I guess we already reached the top floor. :-)

Please have a look at CalendarHub and let me know what you think. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Congrats to Scott Mace and Barry Welch who created CalendarHub and did an awesome job. Keep up the good work!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much to see; the site gies a "connection refused". A bigger snapshot on your site might be more visible too.

Christoph Janz said...

Thank you for your comment. We had a problem with our server, it should be fixed now.

Anonymous said...

Need to sign up to look at it. Not thanks.

Christoph Janz said...

Thanks for your feedback. We just added a demo account. Now you can give it a try without the need to sign up. Maybe you want to have a look again?

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying your calendar. Since my harddrive crashed a month ago I've been looking a lot at web solutions. Yours is one of the better calendars I've found. For some reason though, my reminders don't come through. I'm using Firefox (the portable one and 1.5RC). I'm not sure what the problem might be. Other than that though, the sharing, drag and drop and tags are great stuff! Thanks!

Christoph Janz said...

Thanks for the kind words, Kaala!I'm glad you're enjoying CalendarHub and I hope you help us spread the word. :-)

The reminders work for me and I don't know why they don't work for you, but we'll look into this. You don't have a hyperactive junkmail filter, do you? That is, did you already look in your spam folder?

Anonymous said...

Seems very useful and I want to use it to run the event calendar of our synagogue in Jerusalem
However, it is not very stable, as you surely know
handling of Hebrew characters is unstable, too.
But it does look good