I'm reposting our job ad here:
* * * * *
We offer a three month paid internship, starting middle of April or beginning of May at our office in Berlin.
What you do:
- Support evaluating the dealflow; give us your opinion on >100 business ideas and plans per month; find the one we should invest in.
- Do networking; meet people and founders.
- Screen new markets; find hidden champions; be faster than the rest.
- Dig deep into topics; help with research; find answers for questions we have not asked yet.
- Help us run operations more efficiently.
What we offer:
- Insights how a venture capital firm works.
- Steep learning curve; small team; much responsibility if you can earn it.
- Access to our network: our portfolio companies as well as Team Europe (Company Building), iPotentials (HR), Gruenderszene & Venture Village (media).
- Berlin, the upcoming heart of the European StartUp industry. That is where you meet all the founders, evangelists, angels and influencers.
- Enough time to enjoy life.
What we expect from you:
- You are a digital native; you used facebook, before people heard about studiVZ; you check in with foursquare and take photos with instagram; maybe you even blog and twitter.
- You are familiar with basics of the Internet infrastructure and have some understanding of key Internet based business models, like e-commerce, large networks, SaaS, etc.
- You are curious; you have your own ideas; you want to see results.
- We do not need to tell you what you have to do. You see the tasks, you do them, you surprise us.
- You don’t need 9 to 5 working hours.
- And the usual stuff: you have at least 4 semesters at your business school, preferable already a first degree. You have gained international experience, have done at least one internship before. You speak fluent English and hopefully German.
* * * * *